Turret Punch Press Operator
We are currently accepting applications for a Turret Punch Press Operator who will be performing the following duties:
We are currently accepting applications for Turret Punch Press Operators who will be responsible for the set up and operation of turret punch presses by performing the following duties:
- Inserts, aligns, and locks punches and dies in turret; places work-piece on table and aligns work-piece to scale and end gauge on machine and clamps it to machine table; pushes button to turn turret to specified punch and die; and turns cranks to set indicator to specified dimension on forward and lateral machine scale.
- Presses pedal to activate punch; Repeats operation for each machine setting specified on charts; and positions center punch from turret to touch plate and turns crank to scratch layout lines.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and work operations sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed; Computes punch charts from blueprints and punches holes in nonmetallic materials
- Uses inspection gauges such as calipers (both dial and vernier), micrometers, squares, and height gauges to perform quality checks on parts as outlined by AQL and work instructions; reports dimensional problems to supervisor or set-up person.
- Maintains and insures accurate counts on completed parts and scrapped parts; completes production paperwork and makes required entries into company data base.
- Maintains tools, measuring instruments, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner; reports all equipment problems or malfunctions to supervisor/manager immediately; and maintains clean, orderly and safe work areas at all times.
- Follows and complies with all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Successful Candidates will Possess:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience operating a turret punch press
- Blue print & caliper experience required
- Experience with medical device manufacturing is a plus
- Requires effective computer skills